Narration. Yah, tepatnya teks Recount masuk pada golongan teks ini, dimana teks Recount membahas atau menceritakan kejadian dimasa lampau. Teks ini hampir sama dengan teks Narrative, namun tentunya memiliki sedikit perbedaan, salah satu perbedaannya adalah teks Narrative membahas tentang cerita legenda. Teks ini akan dibahas pada artikel berikutnya, yah.
Recount Text DEFINITION
Recount text is a text that telling about action, activity or story, based on someone’s experiences or this text is to retell something that happened in the past and to tell a series or chronological of past event. The Purpose of this text is to entertain or informing the reader.
Kinds of Recount Text
- Personal Recount : It retells an event that the writer was personally involved in, eg. My holiday in Raja Ampat, my experiences……
- Factual Recount : It records an incident, eg. a science experiment, Secretary report.
- Imaginative Recount : It tells an imaginary role and giving details of an event, eg. The first day orientation activities; How I made this project
Generic structure of this text are :
- Orientation : It gives background information about the text, such as who was involved, where it happened, and when it happened.
- Event (s) : A series of events ordered in a chronological sequence.
- Re-orientation : A personal comment about the event or what happened in the end.
Dominant Language Features:
- Using Past Tense
- Using action verb. Eg went, called, lived, etc
- Using Pronoun. Participant (the writer)
- Passive Voice. Eg I was invited, but I dib not go
Recount Text Example (Personal Recount Text)
My Holiday in Wamena
Last year, I spent my holiday in Wamena, Papua. I went there by myself for a three days solo trip.
On the first day, I was landed at Wamena Airport around 08.00 AM after an hour flight. Then I went to Nayak Hotel by car and checked into hotel that I already booked. I decided to take a rest for a while. At noon, I went to visit one of my family, a generous uncle and his family. After that, I went to eat traditional food called Papeda and I went around the neighborhood.
On the next day, I went to see traditional house called Honai. I also went to learn how to make Noken (traditonal bag) and I saw the scenery of Wamena. I went back to the hotel at 05.00 PM. Aftre that, I washed my face, hands and legs. I did not take a bath, because it was freeze. I had dinner at 06.00 and Immediately, I went to sleep.
On the third day, I went to the traditional market. I saw how Mama-mama made souvenirs. From them, I could see how they did their activities everyday. I bought some souvenirs for my friends and family in Jayapura. I went to the airport at 12.00 PM since my flight was at 13.00 PM.
I had a wonderful experience in Wamena, especially, I got to see directly how the mama-mama worked. It’s a great trip.