Apakah kalian pernah membaca teks yang mengandung argumen?
Kira-kira jenis teks apakah itu?
Yap, teks yang kali ini kita bahas adalah teks analitis eksposisi (Analytical Exposition Text). Berikut adalah penjelasannya :
Definition of Analytical Exposition Text.
Analytical Exposition Text is one of argumentative text which supported by opinion/idea, but it focuses only on one side of argument.
The Purpose of Analytical Exposition Text.
The purpose is to persuade the readers or listeners that idea is the important case.
Language Features of Analytical Exposition.
- Using modals: She must finish the project, they may join us.
- Using action verbs: walk, listen, work, do.
- Using thinking verbs: wonder, understand, consider, doubt.
- Using adverbs: always, slowly, there, tomorrow.
- Using adjective: Lazy, diligent, tall, popular.
- Using relational process: relationship between and among workers, partners, leaders.
- Using simple present tense : She is stronger, they live here.Etc
Generic Structure of Analytical Exposition Text.
– Thesis : Commonly, the thesis will be places in the first paragraph. The function of thesis is as the introduction of the text.
– Arguments : It is a heart of the text. It lists several reasons, give facts, example to support opinions
– Reiteration : It restates the writer’s thesis/opinion, position that has been stated in the first paragraph/thesis or, it may also be the writer’s conclusion from the arguments. The purpose is to strengthen the thesis.
Example of the Analytical Exposition text
Controlling Children Using Computer
Computer and internet are useful as well as powerful. Information about health and safe usage of computer and Internet, especially for children, should be owned by each family. Computer connected to internet is powerful way to socialize with others. It can be good but also bad effect. Recently we hear a lot of children get the advantage of social networking sites but we often see the news about the disadvantage of it for children. Healthy and safety of computer and Internet usage should continue to be campaigned.
The role of parent in assisting and directing children in using computer is very necessary. Installation of software monitor such as key logger which has function to watch and note all activities relating to keyboard usage is helpful but not enough to protect children from potential harms. Children tend to hide what they have done in front of the computer to their parent. They see that all of they have done are their privacy and no one may know.
We can not prevent children from using computer because it is multi functional. However, many parents worry about what their kids do in front of the computer; whether they are doing homework or even just playing games. Or spending all time to surf internet which is the materials do not fit with his age. There is a tendency, especially teenagers, want to become acquainted with many strangers out side. The lack parental supervision of children’s activities is likely to pose a potential danger to them. So parental monitor against the use of computers needs to be done from time to time.
Adopted from : http://www.englishdirection.com
Where Do We Find The Analitical Exposition Text?
- News papers
- Political leaflets
- Legal defenses, etc.